Wednesday, September 28, 2005

 

The Friend II

"But you, O Israel, my servant, Jacob, whom I have chosen, you descendants of Abraham my friend, I took you from the ends of the earth, from its farthest corners I called you. I said, 'You are my servant'; I have chosen you and have not rejected you. So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." (Isaiah 41:8-10 NIV)

"You see that faith was active along with his [Abraham's] works, and faith was completed by his works; and the Scripture was fulfilled that says, 'Abraham believed God, and it was counted to him as righteousness'--and he was called a friend of God." (James 2:22-23 ESV)

"Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends. You are my [Jesus speaking] friends if you do what I command. I no longer call you servants, because a servant does not know his master's business. Instead, I have called you friends, for everything that I learned from my Father I have made known to you. You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you to go and bear fruit--fruit that will last. Then the Father will give you whatever you ask in my name. This is my command: Love each other." (John 15:13-17 NIV)

We get great pleasure in being selected by our friends for dodgeball, basketball, etc.; how much greater is the pleasure to be chosen by God himself!! I am chosen, are you?

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?