Sunday, September 25, 2005

 

A Woman: Mary

I think sometimes we, men, do not respect women enough. This might be true the other way as well, but I am not going that direction. When it comes to feminism, I agree that men and women are created equal--in worth that is. However, I do not always agree that men and women have equal roles. But I digress again! I think while here on earth, men can never completely understand women. Nevertheless, one thing that I have picked up is the need for women to have girl-friends (http://humanblogger.blogspot.com/ see Another Year Gone By, Another Friend Moves On posted Friday, September 23, 2005). Mary, the mother of Jesus, was no exception:

"The help of having another human being to talk to--two of them, in fact--who were prepared to believe her and discuss the wonder of it all, was such an understanding kindness on the part of Mary's heavenly Father, and ours. Mary ran off to visit Elizabeth and Zacharias. Mary was full of her story you can imagine, and eager to tell someone who would not scoff. But God gave an additional 'sign' to Mary, because Elizabeth was the one who began the conversation with a greeting in a loud voice, saying, "You are blessed among women, Mary, blessed is the fruit of your womb. How is it that the mother of my Lord should come to me? As soon as you greeted me, Mary, my baby leapt in my womb for joy. Blessed are you, Mary, for believing, because there will be a performance of those things which were told you from the Lord. [Luke 1:42-44]"" (Edith Schaeffer Christianity is Jewish)

I may not completely understand the relationships of women; however, I can respect their need for close girl-friend relations.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?