Tuesday, October 11, 2005

 

The Meekness and Urbanity of Love

"But the meek will inherit the land and enjoy great peace." (Psalm 37:11)

"'Therefore wait for me,' declares the LORD, 'for the day I will stand up to testify. I have decided to assemble the nations, to gather the kingdoms and to pour out my wrath on them--all my fierce anger. ... On that day you will not be put to shame for all the wrongs you have done to me, because I will remove from this city [Jersulem] those who rejoice in their pride. Never again will you be haughty on my holy hill. But I will leave within you the meek and humble, who trust in the name of the LORD.'" (Zephaniah 3:8, 12)

"Blessed are the meek, for they will inherit the earth." (Matthew 5:5)

"... Do not be arrogant, but be afraid. For if God did not spare the natural branches [Israel], he will not spare you [Gentiles] either." (Romans 11:20b,21)

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?