Monday, November 28, 2005

 

The Anointed One (Part I)

"Take the anointing oil and anoint him [Aaron] by pouring it on his head." (Exodus 29:7 NIV)

"The [Samaritan] woman [at the well] said, 'I know that Messiah' (called Christ) 'is coming. When he comes, he will explain everything to us.' Then Jesus declared, 'I who speak to you am he.'" (John 4:25, 26)


In Hebrew the word anointed-one is מָשִׁיחַ ('mashiach'). The English equivalent of the Hebrew is Messiah. In Greek the word for anointed-one is Χριστός ('Khristos'). The English equavalent of the Greek is Christ. Anointed-one = Messiah = Christ. Since I love blog series, the next few posts will deal with anointing, The Anointed One, and little anointed ones (Christians). I hope you enjoy!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?