Friday, November 18, 2005

 

God's Decision Made Official

"'Look up at the heavens and count the stars--if indeed you can count them. ... So shall your offspring be. ... Know for certain that your descendants will be strangers in a country not their own, and they will be enslaved and mistreated four hundred years. But I will punish the nation they serve as slaves, and afterward they will come out with great possessions. ... I will establish my covenant as an everlasting covenant between me and you and your descendants after you for the generations to come, to be your God and the God of your descendants after you. The whole land of Canaan, where you are now an alien, I will give as an everlasting possession to you and your descendants after you; and I will be their God.'" (Genesis 15:5, 13, 14; 17:7, 8 NIV)
-
Does God realize what he has just done?

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?