Saturday, November 12, 2005

 

Jesus and God the Father, the same? (PART 1)

"Moses said to God, 'Suppose I go to the Israelites and say to them, "The God of your fathers has sent me to you," and they ask me, "What is his name?" Then what shall I tell them?' God said to Moses, 'I AM WHO I AM. This is what you are to say to the Israelites: "I AM has sent me to you."'" (Exodus 3:13,14 NIV)

"'See, I will send my messenger, who will prepare the way before me. Then suddenly the Lord you are seeking will come to his temple; the messenger of the covenant, whom you desire, will come,' says the LORD Almighty. But who can endure the day of his coming? Who can stand when he appears? For he will be like a refiner's fire or a launderer's soap." (Malachi 3:1-2)

"In those days John the Baptist came, preaching in the Desert of Judah ... This is he who was spoken of through the prophet Isaiah ... 'I baptize you with water for repentance. But after me will come one who is more powerful than I, whose sandals I am not fit to carry [Luke and Mark have untie].'" (Matthew 3:1,3,11)

"When it was almost time for the Jewish Passover, Jesus went up to Jerusalem. In the temple courts he found men selling cattle, sheep and doves, and others sitting at tables exchanging money. So he made a whip out of cords, and drove all from the temple area, both sheep and cattle; he scattered the coins of the money changers and overturned their tables." (John 2:13-15)

"'Jesus of Nazareth,' they replied. 'I am he,' Jesus said. ... When Jesus said, 'I am he,' they drew back and fell to the ground." (John 18:5,6)

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?