Wednesday, November 02, 2005

 

The Most Holy Place (The Ark/Manna)

"Then the LORD said to Moses, 'I will rain down bread from heaven for you. The people are to go out each day and gather enough for that day.' … and in the morning there was a layer of dew around the camp. When the dew was gone, thin flakes like frost on the ground appeared on the desert floor. When the Israelites saw it, they said to each other, 'WHAT IS IT?' For they did not know what it was. … The people of Israel called the bread manna [which means 'what is it']. It was white like coriander seed and tasted like wafers made with honey. … As the LORD commanded Moses, Aaron put the manna in front of the Testimony, that it might be kept." (Exodus 16:4, 13b, 14, 15, 31, 34 NIV)

"So they [the crowd] asked him, 'What miraculous sign then will you give that we may see it and believe you? What will you do? Our forefathers ate the manna in the desert; as it is written: "He gave them bread from heaven to eat."' Jesus said to them, 'I tell you the truth, it is not Moses who has given you the bread from heaven, but it is my Father who gives you the true bread from heaven. For the bread of God is he who comes down from heaven and gives life to the world. … I am the bread of life. Your forefathers ate the manna in the desert, yet they died. But here is the bread that comes down from heaven, which a man may eat and not die. I am the living bread that came down from heaven. If anyone eats of this bread, he will live forever. This bread is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.'" (John 6:30-33, 48-51)

We come back to Agur (my first post back in August):
"I am the most ignorant of men;
I do not have a man's understanding.
I have not learned wisdom,
nor have I knowledge of the Holy One.
Who has gone up to heaven and come down?
...
What is his name, and the name of his son?
Tell me if you know!" (Proverbs 30:2-4a, 4e NIV)

"Then Manoah inquired of The angel of the LORD, 'What is your name, so that we may honor you when your word comes true?' He replied, 'Why do you ask my name? It is beyond understanding [literally: wonderful]'" (Judges 13:17, 18)

"Then they [the Pharisees] asked him, 'Where is your father?'
'You do not know me or my Father,' Jesus replied. 'If you knew me, you would know my Father also.'" (John 8:19)


How can you know what bread tastes like until you have eaten it! Do you know Christ?

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?