Sunday, December 18, 2005

 

Personal Aside

"In the desert the whole community grumbled against Moses and Aaron. The Israelites said to them, 'If only …'" (Exodus 16:2, 3)

I will return to the series on Israel's holidays tomorrow. Tonight, I want to share God's quick answer to a personal prayer. Every Sunday afternoon, my whole immediate family meets at my parent's house to have lunch. The climax of the day is the conversation at the table. The conversation can range from deep and theological to biological body functions. Today the topic was about the current state of the church my dad is the pastor—and that I attend. In recent days the church body has been discouraged. I compare the current situation to a two-legged dog. The church still functions; however, you cannot help but wonder how long it can last. Different family members had different views. Some were optimistic, some pessimistic. I fell in the latter. Before we dispersed after the meal, I made the comment that I would like God to confirm to me that this church is apart of God's plan.

Tonight, the church was meeting to go caroling at nursing homes where various members live. I planned on the few regular evening church members to attend (approx. 8-10). However, what to my surprise when I stepped into the fellowship hall! TWENTY—that is, 5 senior citizens, 8 youth (that is including myself), 2 children, and 5 adults. After singing, we all met at B.H.'s house and had great fellowship. This turnout was an answered prayer. As a church, we still have a ways to go; however, this evening is something we [I] can build on.

When I got home, I was planning on putting up a post about the festivities after Passover (see last post). But I thought I would share these thoughts instead. Attached to this post are pictures from this year's Vacation Bible School. These pictures are mainly for my enjoyment, but I hope you can enjoy them as well. GOD IS SO GOOD!



Comments:
Great post Hair. I know you are discouraged. I believe that God has placed your church their for a very specific purpose/ministry. Now as a a body of belivers you have to have that vision or "the people will perish". Your faithfulness and your faith are a tremendous encouragement to me. Your walk with the Lord is awesome.
 
God always wants our obedience, this sounds easy, but sometimes is the hardest thing, so koodos to you for being a faithful, obedient servant of the Master. Remember, New Sevier Home Baptist Church is not your or anyone elses church, it's God's church.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?