Tuesday, December 06, 2005

 

The Seven Woes

1. Attends church regularly
2. Dresses nicely when attending church
3. Knowledgeable about what is in the Bible
4. Teaches what is in the Bible
5. Gives Biblical advice to friends and co-workers

I can say that the above list can apply to myself. However, when I think about it, the above list could also apply to a Pharisee during the time of Jesus on Earth. Many times I get the impression that Pharisees were mean and cruel people. But maybe that was not the case! Nevertheless, Jesus had some very harsh--and not very love sounding--statements. Could you be a Pharisee in a modern era? Could I be a Pharisee? The next seven posts are the Seven Woes to the teachers of the law and the Pharisees sitting in Moses' seat.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?