Monday, February 06, 2006

 

Adultery

"At the window of my house I looked out through the lattice.
I saw among the simple, I noticed among the young men, a youth who lacked judgment.
He was going down the street near her corner, walking along in the direction of her house at twilight, as the day was fading, as the dark of night set in.
Then out came a woman to meet him, dressed like a prostitute and with crafty intent.
(She is loud and defiant, her feet never stay at home;
now in the street, now in the squares, at every corner she lurks.)
She took hold of him and kissed him and with a brazen face she said:
'I have fellowship offerings at home; today I fulfilled my vows.
So I came out to meet you; I looked for you and have found you!
I have covered my bed with colored linens from Egypt.
I have perfumed my bed with myrrh, aloes and cinnamen.
...
My husband is not at home; he has gone on a long journey.
He took his purse filled with money and will not be home till full moon.'
With persuasive words she led him astray; she seduced him with her smooth talk."
(Proverbs 7:6-21 NIV)

How often we are led astray from God by wordly things. We commit adultery against God daily! We "see that the fruit of the tree [is] good for food and pleasing to the eye."

"I [Jesus] tell you that anyone who looks at a woman lustfully has already committed adultery with her in his heart." (Matthew 5:28)

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?