Thursday, February 16, 2006

 

Perfect

Postulate 2: The Law is the perfect guide that cannot be perfectly followed.

As we show in Postulate 1, all men are sinners. Therefore, no one can follow the Law.

"Now the law came in to increase the trespass, but where sin increased, grace abounded all the more, so that, as sin reigned in death, grace also might reign through righteousness leading to eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord." (Romans 5:20-21 ESV)

"What then shall we say? That the law is sin? By no means! Yet if it had not been for the law, I would not have known sin. I would not have known what it is to covet if the law had not said, 'you shall not covet.' But sin, seizing the opportunity through the commandment, produced in me all kinds of covetousness. Apart from the law, sin lies dead. ... For sin, seizing an opportunity through the commandment, deceived me and through it killed me. So the law is holy, and the commandment is holy and righteous and good." (Romans 7:7-8,11-12)

Paul goes on to say the cause of death is sin. Sin is what is bad, not the law. A must read is the rest of Romans 7.

Postulates 1 and 2 are very solid. As a foreshadow, Postulate 3 will be like 1 and 2 and describe the punishment of the Law. Postulate 4 is the one I am currently struggling with; am I free from the Law?

Comments:
This is a very exciting series and one that I don't know if we will ever be able to reconcile without the guidance of the Holy Spirit. I am reading and following. Keep up the good work!
 
OK, I'm tracking so far. Postulates 1 through 3 are solid homerun hits. I'm eager for Postulate 4.
 
The bigger his hair gets, the better his posts get.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?