Sunday, February 12, 2006

 

Torah

"Moses summoned all Israel and said: Hear, O Israel, the decrees and laws I declare in your hearing today. Learn them and be sure to follow them." (Deuteronomy 5:1 NIV)

I glance over at my bookshelf and see a book titled Five Views of Law and Gospel. As I look at the back cover I notice the credentials of the five writers. I also notice words that I have never seen before: theonomic and non-theonomic Reformed, dispensational, etc. I do not doubt these gentlemen are very experienced and knowledgeable on the Law. But I learned a new theological term from a visiting pastor last year: 'hog-wash.' In the following days (maybe weeks) I plan on blogging about the Law. Due to the fact that there seems to be at least five distinct views (probably more), my goal is not to some how shed the ultimate solution. I am only an engineering student, you know! My plan is to see what the Bible, the whole Bible, says about the Law and how it applies to me. The book mentioned above now returns back to the shelf, never opened. The book on my night-stand will now be opened.

Comments:
Sweet!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?