Wednesday, September 06, 2006

 

Image of the Invisible God

“Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever. Amen.” (1 Timothy 1:17 NIV)

“By faith he [Moses] left Egypt, not fearing the king’s anger; he persevered because he saw him who is invisible.” (Hebrews 11:27)

So how do you see something invisible? You make it visible.

“He [Christ] is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation.” (Colossians 1:15)

“… Christ, who is the image of God.” (2 Corinthians 4:4)

“The Son is the radiance of God’s glory and the exact representation of his being, sustaining all things by his powerful word.” (Hebrews 1:3)

“When my glory passes by, I [God] will put you [Moses] in a cleft in the rock and cover you with my hand until I have passed by. Then I will remove my hand and you will see my back; but my face must not be seen. … Then the LORD came down in the cloud and stood there with him and proclaimed his name, the LORD.” (Exodus 33:22-23, 34:5)

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?