Tuesday, January 16, 2007

 

Nations (Conclusion)


“I am the LORD, and there is no other. I have not spoken in secret, from somewhere in a land of darkness; I have not said to Jacob’s descendants, ‘Seek me in vain.’ I, the LORD, speak the truth; I declare what is right.” (Isaiah 45:19 NIV)

So much more can be written about early civilizations. Maybe one day I will revitalize this topic. I have yet to write on the complexities of the Mayan writings, the Minoans and Mycenaeans, the complexities of early Indian religions, the Russians, Japanese, Aborigines, or the various African nations. I have not even written about the late Babylonians, Persians, Vikings, or European Barbarians; all of which have had complex legal and social systems. I have come to the conclusion that the ancients were not inferior to us; they were the same as we are now.

The modern world view gives us two hypotheses on the spread of early man. One called the single-origin hypothesis, or Out-of-African model, and the second called the multiregional hypothesis. I applaud the Wikipedia writer who had integrity to write: “Because of the scarcity of fossils and the discovery of important new finds every few years, researchers disagree about the details and sometimes even basic elements of human evolutionary history.” (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Out_of_Africa_theory)

We, Christians, should be careful in taking world views and mixing them with Biblical views. An old earth hypothesis and the hypothesis of human evolution do not fit with the Biblical teachings. But I hope I have introduced you, the reader, to areas that do support Biblical Theory (or for Joe, Biblical Truth).

Even the famous Thomas Aquinas compromised his teachings by mixing Aristotle’s humanistic views with Biblical views. (see Schaeffer’s How Should We Then Live?) Please, do not fall prey to world corruption, and please let me know if the thoughts of Wesley Son of Cornelius ever become corrupted. For further posts about the importance of God’s Word being true see my posts every Saturday as a guest writer on Joe’s blog: http://steeplemedia.com/blogs/son_of_liberty

Next time: something different!

Comments:
Evolutionary arhaeologists base many of their theories on bone fragments . . . small portions of skulls . . . often with no hands, no feet, no backbones . . . and they claim to know what these creatures were like tens of thousands (or even millions) of years ago! Why not consult the one person who was there . . . and directing it all . . . not millions, but just a few thousand years ago . . . GOD!?
Thanks for the informative posts . . . :o)}
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?