Friday, December 26, 2008

 

New Covenant (Introduction)

So far my thoughts have been scattered. However, the more I study the New Covenant the more I realize how important and crucial it is in understanding the full theology of the Bible. Therefore, I am starting over and laying out my ideas more clearly (for my sake more than anything).

The New Covenant is unconditional. This cannot be seen clearer than with the five "I wills" (not "I might" or "I could").

  1. "I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and the house of Judah."
  2. "I will put my law within them, and I will write it on their hearts."
  3. "I will be their God, and they shall be my people."
  4. "I will forgive their iniquity."
  5. "I will remember their sin no more."
    (from Jeremiah 31)

We will take each point one at a time!


Comments:
Wow, some theology! But where are the Gentiles?
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?